A newsletter for Maine Quilts
Color! Purple, Pink, Blue, Yellow, Lavender, Green!
“Lupines on My Mind” brings many colors to imagine. Why not celebrate in your own way the beautiful Lupine with an entry into Maine Quilts 2016 theme row? Some colors I am working with in this picture (fabrics from Quilt Essentials).
40th Anniversary Quilt Show 2017 – Ruby Red and White colors!
Announcement! Let’s start our own Ruby Red and White Celebration exhibit. We all loved the exhibit at the Folk Art Museum in New York City with over 600 red and white quilts. What better way to celebrate our 40th Anniversary show in 2017 and make our own. You can make any size and any red and whites that read red and white. Start now and be ready for 2017!
- Welcome to Kate Albert and Chris Murphy, sisters, our Meet a Quilter from Area 7.
- They both say “I can’t NOT quilt!” Enjoy their exhibit in the Hancock Room this summer.
- Would you like to monitor a workshop? We have 8 open spaces. A monitor helps the teacher and monitors the room. You don’t have to pay the workshop fee and may be able to participate if there is time and space. Contact Linda Quirion to volunteer at email@example.com.
- Sunday Children workshops: Let’s not forget our kids! Sunday workshops are in the morning for the youngest ages (7-10) “Mini Backpack” and in the afternoon (ages 10-14) “Beach Bag Tote”. We have a generous sponsor, The Fabric Garden, which allows us to offer these workshops for $15. The sewing machines and workshop supplies are all provided. Barbara Batchelder is the teacher. Thank you, Barbara and Kala at The Fabric Garden. This is a wonderful opportunity for your child, grandchild or group to have a sewing workshop!
- Quilt registrations are coming in to our quilt registrar, Carmen, to her delight! Our last postmark date this year is May 14th. If you need copyright permission, start now. Check the Blanket Permission list on our website, www.mainequilts.org, for the most up to date information. The sooner you send your registration in the lower your pickup number on Sunday. Any questions contact Carmen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kay Paquet, our Workshop and Event Registrar, is ready to sign you up! PTQG members first postmark date is March 15 and nonmembers March 30. If you were a Chairperson in 2015 you may sign up starting postmark date March 1. We love our volunteers! Kat – email@example.com.