A newsletter for Maine Quilts
Everyone will have their Purple Maine Quilts 2016 Brochure in a couple weeks! Look inside and find your quilt registration form, your workshop and event registration form and your volunteer form. Let’s talk about workshops. Teachers are coming from everywhere!
Barbara Binotto – Maine, Lisa Bongean – Wisconsin, Pam Buda – Illinois,
Brenda Henning – Alaska, Mary Kerr – Virginia, Gina Perkes – Arizona,
Linda Poole – Pennsylvania and Bonnie Dwyer – Maine. What a line up!
Gina Perkes is an internationally award winning long arm teacher. We will learn a lot from Gina! Do you enjoy very interesting thread play and make stumps and mushrooms with Barbara Binotto? Lisa Bongean is all about wool and owns Primitive Gatherings! She will also vend. Pam Buda is the latest teacher and fabric designer in the reproduction world. Check her out in the December issue of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. Mary Kerr will teach about vintage items and saving through conservation. Linda Poole is known for “Painted Appliqué”. Brenda Henning is all about Strip Therapy quilts, fat quarter quilts and Mariner Compass quilts. Join Bonnie Dwyer and learn what an appraisal is all about. And do not forget Brian Tjelta with basic tips and care for maintenance of your Gammill long arm machine on Sunday afternoon.
So much variety you are sure to find something to interest you!
Events and activities to also consider with your free time!
- Enjoy the quilts and special exhibits: “Fenway Park Revisited”, “Little Quilts from Antique Inspirations” and “Quilt as Desired”.
- Visit with Meet A Quilter: Kathryn Albert and Chris Murphy from Area 7.
- Bid at the Silent Auction.
- Buy tickets and stuff the buckets to win your favorite choices at Quilters Walk.
- Answer the clues with our Scavenger Hunt.
- Listen to a Gallery Talk with Mary Kerr or Rosemary Bawn.
- Join us for Friday night dinner and frivolity with “In Stitches with Quilting Comedy”.
- Go to Sunday Sampler.
- Take a noon lecture with Pam Buda, Linda Poole and Gina Perkes.
- Buy a raffle ticket for “Forever Flowers”, the state raffle quilt.
- Buy a raffle ticket to win a Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8900 QCP.
- Buy raffle tickets at Raffle Alley.
- Buy a show tee shirt, pin, hat, mug, sweatshirt and other items.
- Visit our vendors!
- Meet friends and enjoy the show!