A newsletter for Maine Quilts
This issue is all about updates!
1. We have over 540 quilts! Thank you so very much for sharing your fabulous quilts!
2. We have a very few workshops with low attendance and decisions to make in 10 days. If you have any interest in these workshops please register right away!
a. Frieda Anderson – Saturday “Dancing Trees”, #305 and Sunday “Sundance”, #405.
b. Teenager workshop – Saturday afternoon “Retro Messenger Bag”, #703.
3. Silent Auction. We need items please! We have a Board meeting and Chairperson’s meeting on June 6 if you can give a Board member or Maine Quilts Chairperson an item to deliver to Ellen. Ellen Corey’s address is 370 Maple Ridge Road, So. China, Me 04358 to mail an item. We will also take items through Quilt Delivery Day on Saturday, July 18. Please include name, address and copyright credit information if not an original. Thank you for your charity participation. We will have two WomenHeart Champion volunteers with us at the show with heart risk information. Look for them in the Kennebec/Penobscot room.
4. Volunteers! What we need to fill! We have about 200 positions to fill. Can you help us?
a. Workshop Registration – Fri. 3 volunteers for 7:30 – 10:00 a.m.; Saturday same hours
b. Silent Auction – Friday morning shifts, Saturday morning shifts and 3 – 5 p.m. shift; Sunday morning and early afternoon shifts.
c. Quilters’ Walk – most shifts including 2 for Thursday Night Preview.
d. Show Information Table – 2 for each shift each day.
e. White Glove – All shifts including Thursday night Champagne Preview.
f. Admissions – One more for Thursday night. Friday morning a couple each shift and all for afternoon shifts. Saturday early morning shift and early afternoon shifts needs. Sunday a few each shift.
g. Volunteer Table – a couple most shifts especially early morning.
h. Show Setup – Need a U-Haul driver in the morning and several for loading at the storage unit.
i. Show Takedown – need volunteers and a couple volunteers to go to the storage unit to help unload the U-Haul.
*Fill out your volunteer form ( https://mainequilts.org/Quilt_Show/MQ15/MQ15_VolunteerForm.pdf) or use the form in your brochure. Any questions contact Kim Barbour at firstname.lastname@example.org or 642-6836.
5. We are selling show pins, long and short sleeve t shirts, ¼ zip sweatshirts, denim shirts, caps and visors, name badge holders and mugs at the merchandise table in the Androscoggin/Aroostock/Cumberland Room. The puffin logos are cute!
6. Do you have a full table of eight friends going together to our Friday night event, “Friday Night Intrigue at Puffin Rock Inn”? Do you want to sit together? You can contact Trudi, our Workshop and Event Registrar at email@example.com or 377-6922, with a contact name and the other seven names. She will have the contact name on a table for you.