A newsletter for Maine Quilts
Three weeks to go until Wednesday, July 22, Setup Day. I am really looking forward to this show and must thank all the volunteer chairs and volunteers that are working so hard to put this together! It is a team effort and much appreciated!
1. Saturday, July 18 is Quilt Delivery Day, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Remember to add a sleeve at least 4” wide and no more than 88” from the bottom of the quilt, label and a covered label if it is judged. Please bring quilt in a cloth bag with your contact info printed on the bag. Pick up your receipt for quilt pickup Sunday night, July 26.
2. Thank you to all the volunteers who signed up by July 1 and are now eligible to win a Baby Lock Elizabeth sewing and quilting machine, MSRP $1599.99. The drawing will be held at 3:00 p.m. Sunday at the show.
3. We’ll see you Thursday night for Champagne Preview with entertainment in the lobby from 6:30 – 7:15 p.m. by the PEPS from Rangeley. First chance to see all our lovely quilts and the vendors. Registration for Advance admission to the show includes admission to Champagne Preview, multi day pass for Friday – Sunday and a tote bag for $15. Deadline for Advance Admission is postmark July 15.
4. Friday is our first full day and guaranteed to be a busy one! Check out the quilts, take a workshop, buy a tee-shirt, bid at Silent Auction, buy raffle tickets, go to the lecture, see a demo, enjoy the scavenger hunt and enjoy Friday night dinner and Murder Mystery Theater. Friday Silent Auction highest bidders announced at 4:00 p.m.
Last day to sign up for the Dinner is July 20. Have a great day!
5. Saturday, in case you forget Friday, see Meet A Quilter, the quilts from the Maine State Museum, Quilters’ Walk and a different selection for the Silent Auction! Saturday Silent Auction highest bidders announced at 4:00 p.m.
6. Sunday sign up for Sunday Sampler, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. $10. Highest bidders for the 3 day selections at the Silent Auction announced at 2:30 p.m.
7. Sunday night is quilt pickup and takedown. We are still looking for volunteers. Please contact Kim Barbour at email@example.com or 642-6836.
8. Our other big need is white glove volunteers. If you can spare two hours to help any day, including Champagne Preview night please contact Kim.
9. Murder at the Quilt Show This year’s scavenger hunt is played like the game “Clue”. Each clue will show a name (Killer), Weapon, and a Place. Circle these bold word clues on your ballot. Return your ballot to the information desk before 3 pm and be entered for the day’s raffle prize. Good luck!
10. What is your favorite quilt in the “Puffin: Not Just Black and White” exhibit?
Come see the show and enjoy all the quilts on display and have a great time!