A newsletter for Maine Quilts
Four weeks to go until Friday, July 29, our first full day of the show! I am really looking forward to this show and must thank all the volunteer chairs and volunteers that are working so hard to put this together! It is a team effort and much appreciated!
Things to remember and consider:
1. We need white glove volunteers! Can you help us on Thursday night, Champagne Preivew night? We will split the shift with you and offer 7 – 8 p.m. or 8 – 9 p.m. We also have needs every day of the show! Please contact Susan Bulay at firstname.lastname@example.org or 827-6136.
2. Saturday, July 23 is Quilt Delivery Day, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at your designated location. Remember to add a sleeve at least 4” wide and no more than 88” from the bottom of the quilt, label and a covered label if it is judged. Please bring quilt in a cloth bag with your contact info printed on the bag. Pick up your receipt for quilt pickup Sunday night, July 31.
3. Thank you to all the volunteers who signed up by July 1 and are now eligible to win a Baby Lock Melody sewing machine, MSRP $1799. The drawing will be held at 3:00 p.m. Sunday at the show.
4. We’ll see you Thursday night for Champagne Preview with entertainment in the lobby from 6:30 – 7:15 p.m. by Alan Hutchison and his wonderful keyboard! First chance to see all our lovely quilts and the vendors. Registration for Advance admission to the show includes admission to Champagne Preview, multi day pass for Friday – Sunday and a tote bag, all for $15. Deadline for Advance Admission is postmark July 15.
5. Bring all your raffle quilt tickets and monies to Ruth. She has moved to inside the Auditorium with the quilt.
6. Friday is our first full day and guaranteed to be a busy one! Check out the quilts, take a workshop, listen to a Gallery Talk, buy a tee-shirt, bid at Silent Auction, buy raffle tickets, go to the lecture, see a demo, play the scavenger hunt and enjoy Friday night dinner and “In Stitches with Quilting Comedy”. Friday Silent Auction highest bidders announced at 4:00 p.m. Last day to sign up for the Dinner is July 26. Have a great day!
7. Saturday, in case you forget Friday, see Meet A Quilter, “Little Quilts from Antique Inspiration”, Quilters’ Walk and a different selection for the Silent Auction! Check out the noon lecture. Saturday Silent Auction highest bidders announced at 4:00 p.m.
8. Sunday: sign up for Sunday Sampler, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., the noon lecture and the Gallery Talk, each $10. Highest bidders for the 3 day selections at the Silent Auction announced at 2:30 p.m.
9. Sunday night is quilt pickup and takedown. We are still looking for volunteers. Please contact Susan Bulay at email@example.com or 827-6136.
10. What is your favorite part of the show? Something to think about and salivate over!
Come see the show and enjoy all the quilts on display and have a great time!