Method Designed by: Laura Heine of Fiberworks
Laura Heine Certified Teacher Lynn Wheatley
During the workshop you will spend the majority of the day creating the main design element of your CollageQuilt. This is a non-sewing class.
To the right are a few examples of Collage Quilts created using the Laura Heine method and patterns. All available patterns can be viewed online at www.fiberworks-heine.com.
Collage quilting using the Laura Heine method is a form of Raw Edge Appliqué with a few very distinct differences.
Applique: The design and fabric placement is usually determined before starting the applique process as part ofthe planning process.
Collage: The main design element (Dog, Pump, Sea Horse) and fabric is selected but determining the placementof each fabric motif is part of the creation process and can be changed as you create your collage quilt.
- Only one RULE, be creative!!!!
- You don’t have to “Color in the Lines”
- Can be 100% Fused or, Fused and Sewn
- Select a Laura Heine pattern from her standard or Teeny Tiny series, excluding BoHo Blooms which is a machine appliqué process and not covered in this workshop.
- Design starts with a simple image, kind of like a young kids coloring book. This is only a starting point for one’s imagination and creativity.
- Many times this can result in Abstract Art.• Fabric Selection is infinite and a great way to use up those “Ugly Fabrics in your Stash”
Pre-Workshop Preparation is essential for this workshop.
- Image traced onto foundation material
- Motif fabric fused to Steam-a-Seam 2
- Motifs cut out from fused fabrics
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or call at 802-299-9236.
Supply List, Pre-Order form and Pre-Workshop Instructions are distributed after workshop sign up