A newsletter for Maine Quilts
It’s almost Spring. You know what that means!!!
- Your blue Registration Brochure should be at your doorstep now. Look through it and fill out forms for volunteering, entering a quilt or taking a workshop or going to an event!
- There are several new events, new raffles and quilt challenges to join in. Have you thought what you might enter in our theme challenge “Buoy! Oh Buoy!!”?
- Saturday Children’s workshops: Let’s not forget our kids! Saturday workshops are in the morning for the youngest ages (7-10) “Christmas stocking” and in the afternoon (ages 10-14) “I Pad carrier and cell phone case”. We have a generous sponsor, The Fabric Garden, which allows us to offer these workshops for $15. The sewing machines and workshop supplies are all provided. Barbara Batchelder and Sharon McPherson are the teachers. Thank you, Barbara, Sharon and Kala at The Fabric Garden. This is a wonderful opportunity for your child, grandchild or group to have a sewing workshop! This would be a great opportunity for scout troops to work on earning a badge.
- Quilt registrations are coming in to our quilt registrar, Carmen, to her delight! Our last postmark date this year is May 15th. If you need copyright permission, start now. Check the Blanket Permission list on our website, www.mainequilts.org, for the most up to date information. The sooner you send your registration in the lower your pickup number on Saturday. Any questions contact Carmen at email@example.com.
- Susan Lamie, our Workshop and Event Registrar, is ready to sign you up! PTQG members first postmark date is March 15 and nonmembers March 30. If you were a Chairperson in 2018 you may sign up starting postmark date March 1. We love our volunteers! Susan- firstname.lastname@example.org.