A newsletter for Maine Quilts
Keep your eyes open!! Your Maine Quilts 2019 Brochure will be arriving in your mail box in a few weeks! Inside your brochure you will find your quilt registration form, your workshop and event registration form and your volunteer form.
We’ve got some great teachers lined up.
David Taylor loves his scraps and uses them to piece and appliqués. He will be teaching and is also going to be our keynote speaker at the Friday Night Dinner. Don’t miss David’s talk on “The Care and Feeding of your Fabric Stash”.
Andrea Brokenshire— Andrea specializes in contemporary art quilts which depict botanical images. You won’t believe her flowers! Maine Quilts will be presenting a special exhibit of
Debby Brown— Debby is a long arm quilter who is ready to show you some new tricks of the long arm trade. Tricks include everything from “Quilting around the bend” to “Diamonds are a quilters’ best friend”.
Marilyn Foreman—Marilyn has created pieced patterns that as versatile as possible so they all include a variety of sizes and fabric options creates a variety of pieced quilts. Many quilts use her special Twister tools to create fabulous quilts.
Lisa McCarthy— Lisa is a Judy Niemeyer instructor as well as a Jacqueline de Jonge instructor. Her love of bold and vibrant colors is evident in her dynamic quilts.
Timna Tarr— Timna is a modern quilter who is not afraid to think outside the box. Timna loves watching how colors and texture interact. Timna loves to play with fabric and invites you to join her!
Karen Witt— For the past several years, Karen has chosen to specialize in the history of quilting, the use of reproduction fabrics and the creation of quilts with historic significance.
So much variety you are sure to find something to interest you!
Events and activities to also consider with your free time!
- Enjoy the quilts.
- Check out the special exhibits “Botanicals in Fiber, Contemporary Floral Art Quilts Exhibit by Andrea Brokenshire; “Comfort and Community: An Exhibit Preview” from the Maine State Museum and the “Best of QuiltCon 2019” from the Modern Quilt Guild.
- Take a class and learn something new!
- Buy tickets and stuff the buckets to win your favorite choices at Quilters Walk.
- Join us for Friday night dinner with our keynote speaker David Taylor. Learn how to take care of your fabric stash.
- Go to a noon lecture with Andrea Brokenshire, Timna Tarr or Karen Witt.
- Stop by the Maine Coalition to End Domestic Violence booth and “Take Action Maine”. Support the silent auction.
- Watch a demo.
- Buy a raffle ticket for “Dreams of Attic Treasures”, the state raffle quilt.
- Buy raffle tickets at Raffle Alley.
- Buy a Maine Quilts show tee shirt, pin, mug or fleece jacket.
- Meet friends and enjoy the show!
Volunteer: Have you thought about being a workshop monitor? Contact Linda Quirion if you are interested. Linda_q@roadrunner.com or 207-399-3609. Volunteer to monitor and help the teacher and your workshop is free!