A newsletter for Maine Quilts
Everyone will have their Yellow Maine Quilts 2018 Brochure in a couple weeks!
Look inside and find your quilt registration form, your workshop and event registration form and your volunteer form. Let’s talk about workshops. Teachers are coming from everywhere!
Nancy Chong – Oregon, Kristy Daum – Missouri, Karen Eckmeier – Connecticut, Lynn Hagmeier – Kansas, Pat Harrison – Rhode Island, Michelle Hiatt – Connecticut and Sally Terry – Florida. What a line up!
- Nancy Chong is all about hand appliqué and is our keynote speaker with a trunk show of Hawaiian quilts for Friday Night Banquet Luau. Have you tried a hand appliqué mystery quilt?
- Kristy Daum is teaching 3 Modern style quilt patterns and is our Friday noon lecturer.
- Karen Eckmeier teaches the techniques “Layered Curves” and “Accidental Landscapes™”. Look for her vest workshop!
- Lynn Hagmeier is Kansas Troubles. Her workshops look fun and great patterns!
- Pat Harrison will teach Easy Peasy Circles, EQing the Day Away, You be the Judge and binding techniques.
- Michelle Hiatt is a Studio 180 Modern instructor and will teach three patterns. Bright and colorful! She is also our Thursday noon lecturer.
- Sally Terry has been honored as a Teacher of the Year by International Machine Quilters Association. Originator of the Terry Twist Templates her workshops will again use Innova longarm machines.
So much variety you are sure to find something to interest you!
Events and activities to also consider with your free time!
- Enjoy the quilts and special exhibits: “Specimens” by Susan Carlson, “Not Patience Perseverance” with Marjorie Lydecker, “All in the Family” from the New England Quilt Museum and our “Bee Sew Inspired” Challenge.
- Buy tickets and stuff the buckets to win your favorite choices at Quilters Walk.
- Join us for Friday night Luau and keynote speaker Nancy Chong and her Hawaiian quilts.
- Go to a noon lecture with Michelle Hiatt, Kristy Daum and Susan Carlson.
- Bring a red scarf to donate to the HeartScraves project in support of WomenHeart, our designated charity.
- Attend a Quilt Alliance lecture on Thursday morning or Friday afternoon.
- Tape a very short video interview with your quilt and Quilt Alliance for “Quilt Show on the Road” Thursday afternoon or Friday morning.
- Watch a demo.
- Buy a raffle ticket for “Rainbow of Stars”, the state raffle quilt.
- Buy a raffle ticket to win a Janome Horizon Memory Craft 9400 QCP.
- Buy raffle tickets at Raffle Alley.
- Buy a Maine Quilts show tee shirt, pin, anniversary bag, mug, sweatshirt and other items.
- Visit our vendors!
- Meet friends and enjoy the show!
Volunteer: Have you thought about being a workshop monitor? Contact Linda Quirion if you are interested. Linda_q@roadrunner.com or 207-399-3609. Volunteer to monitor and help the teacher and your workshop is free!