A newsletter for Maine Quilts
What was that yesterday!! April Fools Day snow! Most of southern Maine where I live got up to 12”. I suppose that gives me time and inpiration to finish quilting my “Red and White Stitched Together” entry. May it melt soon!
An update! Really looking forward to the Quilt Show!
1. Workshops full today are Thursday workshops with Jamie Wallen. Nearing full is “A Dozen Ways: Design for Art Quilts with Pat Pauly. More than half full are the rest of Jamie Wallen workshops, “Invisible Machine Appliqué with Harriet Hargrave, Ann Unrein’s bag workshops, “Piping and Binding” with Philippa Naylor and “Iced Blueberries” with Pat Delaney. Check our website for further updates on full workshops: http://www.mainequilts.org/Quilt_Show/Teachers.htm
2. “Making Award Winning Quilts. Secrets for Success” lecture with Philippa Naylor with the Friday Night Dinner is filling nicely. Come join us! Please sign up on Workshop and Event Registration form.
3. Noon lectures with Ann Unrein on Thursday, Pat Pauly on Friday and Froncie Quinn on Saturday are very popular! Bring your lunch upstairs and enjoy these knowledgeable and entertaining speakers. Please sign up on Workshop and Event Registration form.
4. Thursday night we have a special free 40th Anniversary lecture at 5:15 p.m. with Bruce Magidson, SewBatik; “Indonesian Batiks- The Old is New Again”. Please sign up on Workshop and Event Registration form.
5. Volunteers! Have you decided what you are going to do?
a. Demonstrations – 10-15 minute presentations on a technique, project or new tool. Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Contact Carol Reed. firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-876-4381.
b. Be a White Glove volunteer.
c. Assist at the Silent Auction table taking bids or later in the day selecting the winners and taking payment.
d. Sell Quilt or sewing machine raffle tickets or sell tickets for Quilters Walk.
e. Workshop Registration Table assisting with registration pickup, especially Wednesday night.
***Please fill out the Volunteer Sign up form.
1. Are you entering your Chapter Banner? Fill out a Quilt Registration form to enter it and let’s have all 68 banners displayed.
2. We have updated information the Blanket Permission list. Check the website to see if the list will aid you with your copyright permission requests. http://www.mainequilts.org/Quilt_Show/MQ17/BlanketPermissionList2017.pdf
3. You have questions about entering a Group Challenge? Contact Carmen at email@example.com or 207-612-6343.
The Quilt Show needs:
1. A Quilt Delivery Chair. Work with Quilt Registrar to facilitate the process of quilt delivery locations, volunteers, Delivery Day packets and Delivery Day and check in of quilts on Tuesday at the show. Contact Callie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-8773.