A newsletter for Maine Quilts
40th Anniversary Show- Maine Quilts 2017 – Join in on the fun!
Quilts! Register to enter the following exhibits on the quilt registration form in the Brochure mailed in February.
1. Our Challenge theme this year is “Fantastically 40!” 40 years of Maine Quilts can bring many ideas, memories, quilts, friends and shows. What are you creating?
2. Have you ever made a red and white quilt? A fortieth anniversary speaks rubies and reds and an exhibit we can all join in together, “Red and White Stitched Together”. Make a red and white quilt any size and celebrate 40 years of Maine Quilts. They will be a beautiful sight hung together!
3. Let’s fly our Chapter Banners! Our Chapter individuality shines through with a wonderful identifying Banner.
Would you like to donate?
1. A quilted item for our Silent Auction to benefit the Maine Cancer Foundation – The Women’s Cancer Fund? Let’s make this year our responsibility to donate to the Silent Auction and bid high to benefit a worthy charity here in Maine.
Maine Cancer Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the health and well-being of Maine people by funding cancer research, education and patient support programs. One hundred percent of the funds raised remain in Maine. The Women’s Cancer Fund was established within the Foundation in 2002 to ensure that resources would always to be available for breast and other cancers that affect women.
2. Did you notice the donated Chapter baskets on Quilters Walk? We had donated by six Chapters baskets (value$150) to enhance our table. We are calling any Chapters that want to participate to create a theme, gather the donated items for the theme and contact Pam Soucy, Quilters Walk chair, firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you are participating. Quilters Walk is more fun with all ideas for donations!
3. The Quilt Show also needs a donation of your time! The days are changing to show setup on Tuesday and Wednesday, Champagne Preview night Wednesday night, Show days Thursday – Saturday and show take down Saturday night. July 25-29, 2017. Contact Susan Bulay, Volunteer Chair, email@example.com to donate your time to our Show. Thank you!