To Make a Pillowcase:
Standard Pillowcase 20″ x 31″
Supplies: 3/4 yard fabric for body, 1/3 yard fabric for border
- Cut the body of the case 26-1/2″ x 40-1/2″ and the border 10-1/2″ x 40-1/2″.
- Fold the border in half lengthwise with wrong sides together and press.
- Place the right side of the border on the right side of the body of the case. Stitch together using a 1/2″ seam allowance.
- Place right sides together of the pillowcase.
- Turn to the right side and press. NOTE: Please wash pillowcase and place in a quart size ziplock bag for the protection of the oncology children. ***If you are a smoker, please do not wash your pillowcases, volunteers will wash the pillowcases. For additional information, please contact Connie Maginnis (Mid-Maine Coordinator) at 207-635-2536. Need more information? Please click on ConKerrCancer.org.